Tuesday, October 7, 2008
½ c solid vegetable shortening (not margarine)
1½ c sugar
½ c molasses
2 eggs, lightly beaten
4 c flour
½ tsp salt
2¼ tsp baking soda
2¼ tsp ground ginger
1½ tsp ground cloves
½ tsp ground cinnamon
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter, shortening and sugar until light colored and fluffy.
2. Beat in molasses and eggs; set mixture aside.
3. In another large bowl combine flour, salt, baking soda, ginger, cloves and cinnamon. Blend thoroughly with wire whisk.
4. Gradually mix flour mixture into creamed ingredients until dough is blended and smooth.
5. Roll dough into 1½” balls.
6. Dip tops in granulated sugar.
7. Place 2½” apart on greased cookie sheet.
8. Bake at 350° for 11 minutes. Do not over bake.
9. Cool on wire rack. Store in tightly covered container to maintain softness.
Yield: About 3 dozen cookies.
Posted by Chinobilly Mamma at 4:23 PM