Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Monday, February 23, 2009
I want to this document with all of you because I think it might be helpful to remember these things. I was given this sheet in a new believers class I took 15 years ago. I love to pull it out and meditate on these verses every once in a while. Tonight sounds like a good night to do so.
In Christ I Am
Accepted, Secure, Significant
I Am Accepted
I am a part of Christ's Body, part of His family: 1 Corinthians 12:27
I have been adopted as Christ's child: Ephesians 1:5
I am complete in Christ: Colossians 2:10
I am free from any condemning charges against me: Romans 8:31
Rejoicing in Him!
Friday, February 13, 2009
Matt and I started dating (officially...as in he asked me if I wanted to start dating him...as if that wasn't what we had been doing since December of 1992 but ok...) on February 13, 1993. This song was sung at our wedding by our good friend and Matt's lifelong friend Keith Levin. The picture was taken 16 years ago in May of 1993. I loved my swimmers legs back then. Nothin' but muscle baby; 16 years later nothin' but cottage cheese.
That should weed out all the lurkers on this blog.
This post is dedicated to my one and only Sweety, Peachy, Pumpkin Pie.
I love you because you:
1) make me laugh
2) work hard to provide for me and the kids
3) always compliment my cooking
4) tell me I look beautiful, even when I don’t
5) support me in everything I do
6) take an interest in the things I enjoy
7) are a true gentleman
8) make it possible for me to stay home with the children
9) fix all the stuff that breaks
10) are always willing to make a chocolate run for me even if its 11:00 at night
11) are very very VERY patient
12) never complain when the house is a mess
13) understand when I don’t get the laundry done, and you run out of socks and underwear
14) changed your fair share of poopy diapers
15) tolerate me even though I am incredibly hard to live with
16) worry about my health and happiness
17) put my needs before your own
18) stick up for me
19) gave me the kind of life I always wanted
20) care about being a good father
21) love God
22) don’t gawk at other women
23) keep your heart at home
24) take pride in my accomplishments
25) are responsible with money, so I don’t have to worry about it
26) don’t spend all weekend watching sports
27) love your children and spend time with them
28) keep the yard looking beautiful at all times
29) dream big dreams with me
30) know what’s really important
31) aren’t afraid to cry in front of me
32) buy feminine products for me without complaint
33) taught me to love to play games with your family
34) like the way I make potato salad
35) are unbelievably smart and industrious
36) don’t know how handsome you are
37) listen to me when I rant and rave and complain
38) still take my breath away when you kiss me. After all these years.
39) still think my body is beautiful even though it’s not
40) hold my feet in your lap while we watch TV
41) think deeply about things
42) have a genuine desire to help people in need
43) willingly do the disgusting tasks, like picking up dog poo, and cleaning up the pukes when the kids get sick
44) still have boyish enthusiasm for things like monster movies and forts in the back yard
45) eat whatever I put in front of you, without comment or complaint
46) don’t allow the kids to be disrespectful of me
47) are kind to and considerate of my parents
48) make a real effort to be a person who pleases God
49) still give me butterflies in my stomach when you walk into a room
50) are the perfect husband for me
I love you baby and I'm so glad you are mine
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
MeMa came to the house to baby-sit while I went to the doctor in the morning. I was a bit worried about her coming to baby-sit for me due to the weather so I told the girls that MeMa might not be able to come. To which Abigail replied “No mama, she’s comin’; she weely (really) misses me”.
Then we were off to Mrs. Darlene’s story-time/Valentines party at the library. The girls had been living for this day since LAST Tuesday so we couldn’t miss it. I only slid through 1 stop sign trying to get them there thank goodness! What chaos, what fun, what a stressful hour, what memories! Mrs. Darlene sang songs, read stories; we played games, exchanged valentines, and ate Sugar Cookies.
The kids are about to sing songs.
And more games...
After the library fiasco, I mean party, I carted the kids home to build a snowman (as promised). Note to mothers be careful what you promise. You know that doctors appointment I just mentioned? Yeah it was a follow up appointment for a back injury from a couple of Sundays ago. And ok I forgot how heavy snow is. Hence the very poor engineering of our chinobilly snowman. While, I was trying to regain an upright position and not cry in front of the children I let them decorate the snowman. Didn’t they do a great job?
Dear Lord may I be so bold as to request for snow accumulation only on Saturdays and Sundays when daddy is home to build snowmen? I will be forever grateful. Amen.
Monday, February 9, 2009
Thursday, February 5, 2009
2. Her favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star.
3. She can operate the dvd player by herself.
4. She says library time with Ms. Darlene “rocks”.
5. She loves her puppy, Oliver...only sometimes.
6. She’s her daddy’s “stinkbug”.
7. She likes to call people on the phone ~ when mommy is not in the room.
8. She hates any kind of shadows in her room so she makes us keep a light on at night.
9. Every single baby doll she owns is currently named Baby JJ (after our friends new baby).
10. She says Grammy and Poppy live in Big City (from the TV show Oswald)
11. She said she was taking her babies shopping the other day and she meant it. She went to the refrigerator and took out the eggs, coffee, ketchup and every single apple before I caught on to her.
12. She's really sensitive and it takes her a L-O-N-G time to warm up to others.
13. She tells her daddy she’s had a rough day every time he calls on the phone even if she is having a really good day.
14. She gives the BEST hugs in the whole world, seriously, and is always generous with saying “I love you mamma!”
I love you more Peaches!
Wednesday, February 4, 2009
1. She likes to make faces like this for the camera.
2. Her favorite song is Jesus loves me.
3. She's already planning her birthday party, including the guest list, which is SIX months away.
4. She thinks I’m funny and says so about 40 times a day.
5. She loves her puppy, Oliver
6. She’s her daddy’s “blueberry”.
7. She screams "call Poppy" whenever she gets hurt then wants a band aid. Band aids miraculously heal the hurts.
8. She says that monsters come into her room at night and eat her fingers.
9. Every single baby doll she owns is naked.
10. She knows she lives in “Aranona” translation…Arizona
11. I heard her yellin' at all her babies that they were in the naughty spot for two minutes because they wouldn't eat their dinner.
12. She's really likes to ask "Why?" and will repeat the question over and over and over (and over) again until you come up with a satisfying answer.
13. She asks to "saweep (sleep) in my awmpits (armpits)" translation: sleep in my arms rather than taking a nap in her own bed.
14. She will say “I no love you no more you cry now” then I will cry and she will announce “I love you mamma!”
I love you too Bubba Lou!
*totally stole this idea from a really cute blog I read daily* I hope she won't mind...
Monday, February 2, 2009
I love the look on Bree's face as she is singing Happy Birfday to Grammy!
We had to wake Abby up to sing but she "suffered" through it since she knew she was getting cake and ice cream!