Saturday, September 20, 2008

Random Acts Of Kindness

Today we took the girls to the county fair. Luckily we got out of the house fairly early so we didn't have to fight half the county for a parking spot or get pushed around at the petting zoo or wait longer than 30 seconds for the hay ride to take us back to the entrance. The girls enjoyed looking at the animal exhibits but they had a blast riding the carousel and the jeep ride. I'll try to post more pictures later as I am currently transferring 206 photos (no joke) from my camera to my computer. After we left the fair we treated the girls to lunch at Chili's. We are in the beginning stages of potty training and the girls think public restrooms are a novelty. As the mother of twin girls I am the lucky one who gets to take each child to the restroom and back before I get to eat only to get half way through lunch and hear "mamma go to bafroom". But that's OK, I know this is a season we all must endure. Anyway, we finally finished our lunch, and made literally 6 trips to the "bafroom" before we began wondering why our waitress had not brought us our bill yet. When we finally flagged her down she said, "oh someone picked up your tab for you and they want to remain anonymous". Really? Who? Are they still here? Was it someone we know? The waitress said the couple had already left but pointed to the table where they sat. She said they kept talking about our twins. Matt and I could hardly remember what the couple looked like and we were shocked at the kind gesture and were reminded of Christ's words in Matthew 6: 1-4 "Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. ... But when you give to the needy, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you." I just love little surprises and I love blessings! Maybe they felt sorry for me going back and forth 10, 686 times oops I mean 6 times to the bathroom with the girls. Either way, I thank God for this random act of righteousness and for the coulples kindness. I can't wait to return the kindness to some unsuspecting soul in the near future.
Love one another,

1 comment:

debby94 said...

That is so cool! What a nice surprise & gift from God!! Just makes your day doesn't it?