Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My husband is a genius!

On Sunday we planted and planted and planted some more. Which led to a little tiny dilemma. Where the heck are we going to put all these pots of veggie goodness until the earth decides to warm enough to put them in the ground? We began discussing some sort of makeshift greenhouse that would allow the plants to be outside but still get warm enough to sprout. The problem was our perpetual money shortage and the absence of an extra window with hinges. Don’t you just hate money or should I say the lack of it?



Then it came to my genius of a man. Why not use some of my Rubbermaid storage containers as makeshift greenhouses then bring the wee little plants inside at night.

Exhibit A

I KNOW! He’s freaking brilliant!

Exhibit B
Look at those babies enjoying their sauna!


(Maybe we can find one large enough for a chinobilly sauna and invite all our friends over to bake in the sun too! )

Exhibit C
See we even used a leftover piece of lumber to allow for some air circulation.

Now I can add this statement to my ever growing and entirely true list of you might be a chinobilly ifs:
If you start your garden in Rubbermaid storage containers, you might be a chinobilly.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

What a great idea! I am glad you have a creative hubby. I know how much head scratching it saves us moms going a million different directions at once.
signed...
your fellow chino billie