Thursday, March 26, 2009

Mamma Bree

Bree has really gotten into being a mamma to her baby dolls. Last week we had such nice weather that we played outside a lot. At one point in the day Bree was the only one outside so I decided to snap a few photos of her while she didn't know that's what I was doing. It was such a sweet moment and I love that I captured a moment in time of her just being her.
Matt and I have always sung the song You are my sunshine to the girls. It was quite fitting during our adoption journey and it always soothed them and calmed their cries. After the adoption was final we changed the last verse to say: You have been my sunshine today. Well that verse has become part of our special family tradition. We now enjoy singing the song to one another by adding the persons name in instead of the word sunshine. I share all of this with you because as I was clicking away with my camera Bree was singing this:
You are my baby
My only baby
You make me happy
When skies are gray
You'll never know baby
How much I love you
You have been
My baby today.
She is so stinkin' cute! AND I'm the luckiest mommy in the whole wide world.

2 comments:

debby94 said...

Oh how sweet! Isn't it fun to watch/listen to them when they don't know it? You see & hear the cutest things!!!

Stephanie said...

That is so adorable! What a precious little song and how great that you now have it in writing so that you can remember it forever. The candid pics are GREAT!