Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Oliver

Oliver had a minor surgery last Wednesday ~a $396.97 minor surgery *ouch-it still hurts looking at that number. Anyway, his dewclaws needed to be removed as well as some other parts…ahhemmm. Poor guy came home walking a little funny and has a silly looking cone on his head to ensure he won't remove the bandages from his feet.
The cone is a nuisance to most animals but Oli is quite a trooper. Not much depresses Oliver as long as he has a bone or a garden hose or a sandbox toy or a power cord or honeysuckle or a hat or a shoe or rusty nail to chew on. So while being confined to the laundry room Oli attempted to enjoy a bone and chew his troubles away.

Ahh...a bone...



Who needs TV when you have pets...or children?


Hey honey, pass me the popcorn!

You can do it...


Yes, he did it, the crowd goes wild...

Just look at him. Don’t you want to kiss him? Go ahead I won’t tell…

He did really great with laundry room imprisonment until Friday afternoon when all the family started showing up to play and he wasn’t allowed to join in the fun. Then he got even more upset when I took him to the vet to have his bandages changed without the children. Oli doesn’t like to go anywhere without the children but he really didn’t like going to the vet without them. He usually uses them as protection. Then to add insult to injury after our return from the vet sans children I turn around and load up the kids and go to the grocery store without Oli. Who did I think I was?
I arrived home with two very sleepy girls, unloaded them and the groceries from the car, only to see Oli had meted out my punishment for leaving him behind. That very determined 64-pound puppy managed to get around the cone and remove BOTH bandages from his feet during the 28 minutes that I was at the grocery store.
So I loaded the two very sleepy girls, and Oli and my checkbook back in the car and drove to the vet AGAIN. I swear he had a smirk on his face during the whole car ride ~ until we pulled into the parking lot at the clinic. They were kind enough not to charge me for bandage change number 2 in a single day but warned me I would pay big time *emphasis mine* if he did it again.

Oliver is now serving a 5-day sentence of solitary confinement in the laundry room with no chance of parole. Our prayers go out to the little girls suffering without their 4-legged playmate.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

LOL! That is so funny! I love all the cute pictures trying to get the bone! Pets are so entertaining, aren't they? Grace thinks Oliver is cute too. Good luck getting your laundry done with an ecstatic puppy jumping around!

Charlie said...

This is darling! Remind me to tell you one day about Gato and her cone..
Have fun!

Jennifer Morse said...

Oh, Jen, you poor thing - what a day that must have been. Good thing that you can see the lighter side of it all! What a trooper you are!

debby94 said...

The joy of animals!