Monday, February 23, 2009

Rejoice Rejoice

Well it’s been eight days since I received the call every daddy’s girl dreads. The call that her dad had a massive heart attack and no one knows if he is going to survive. Praise God daddy did survive and will likely be home by the end of the week. We’ve had a prayer chain a mile long praying for him…both for his health and for his salvation. Well, the Lord heard our prayers and he answered them too! The most exciting thing thus far is my father has accepted Christ as his Lord and Savior tonight. This is so exciting for me! I am in tears as I write this note to all of you. My dad will not be left behind ~ he has accepted Christ and he’s forgiven. Thank you Lord for allowing me to see the day that both of my parents are now believers. I pray you all too will know that there is hope for your loved ones you are praying for and waiting for them to receive Christ.
I want to this document with all of you because I think it might be helpful to remember these things. I was given this sheet in a new believers class I took 15 years ago. I love to pull it out and meditate on these verses every once in a while. Tonight sounds like a good night to do so.

In Christ I Am
Accepted, Secure, Significant
I Am Accepted
I am a child of God: John 1:12
I am Jesus' chosen friend: John 15:15
I am holy and acceptable to God (justified): Romans 5:1
I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him: 1 Corinthian 3:16
I have been bought with a price. I belong to God: 1 Corinthians 6:19, 20
I am a part of Christ's Body, part of His family: 1 Corinthians 12:27
I am a saint, a holy one: Ephesians 1:1
I have been adopted as Christ's child: Ephesians 1:5
I have been bought back (redeemed) and forgiven of all my sins: Colossians 1:14
I am complete in Christ: Colossians 2:10
I Am Secure
I am free forever from punishment: Romans 8:1,2
I am sure all things work together for good: Romans 8:28
I am free from any condemning charges against me: Romans 8:31
I cannot be separated from the love of God: Romans 8:35
I am hidden with Christ in God: Colossians 3:3
I am sure that the good work God has started in me will be finished: Philippians 1:6
I am a citizen of heaven with the rest of God's family: Ephesians 2:19
I can find grace and mercy in times of need: Hebrews 4:16
I am born of God and the evil one cannot touch me: 1 John 5:18
I Am Significant
I am salt and light for everyone around me: Matthew 5:13,14
I'm a part of the true vine, joined to Christ & able to produce much fruit: John 15:1,5
I am hand-picked by Jesus to bear fruit: John 15:16
I am a Spirit-empowered witness of Christ: Acts 1:8
I am a temple where the Holy Spirit lives: 1 Corinthians 3:16 1 Corinthians 6:19
I am a peace with God and He has given me the work of making peace between Himself and other people: 2 Corinthians 5:
I am God's co-worker: 2 Corinthians 6:1
I am seated with Christ in heaven: Ephesians 2:6
I am God's building project, His handiwork, created to do His work: Ephesians 2:10
I am able to do all things through Christ who give me strength: Philippians 4:13

Rejoicing in Him!
Jenn

1 comment:

debby94 said...

AWESOME! I love this.