Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to you all! I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and that everyone is healthy and well. It’s 10:59 on New Year’s Night, and here I sit in my bathrobe with droopy eyelids. Dang I feel so old. But I just had to post on New Years Day since one of my resolutions was to complete the “redecoration” of my blog and actually post something. Aren’t resolutions the pits sometimes? Failure I say, I set myself up for failure! But not this year. No siree.
Each year when I sit to write my resolutions, I am always trying to think of what I can do to become a better person. Whether it be to eat healthier, spend more time with family, become more organized, be a better friend, share the gospel with a neighbor, etc. my goals are always to become a better person.
So do ya like my catchy (maybe a bit corny) phrase, "Let your light shine in 2009!”? Everybody now…This little light of mine…I’m gonna let it shine…Sorry that was the eggnog talking…burp…it’s late…I’m gitty…
Anyway, hopefully it will remind each of us that this is the year to shine, to be that city on a hill that cannot be hidden. We are going to become better people. Imagine, if every single person on the earth actually tried to become a better person, and followed through with it, wouldn't this world be such a lovelier place to live?
I hope as you think about what you can do to better yourself, that you take a look around you and realize that the things you do will make the world a better place. 2009 is the year to let your light shine!!!
Have a wonderful, fabulous, blessed 2009.
Love,
Jenn

Oh yeah, I almost forgot to share this prayer with you. I found it in an Our Daily Bread devotional years ago and saved it in my calendar so I remember to read it every New Year's Day.

"Father we surrender this past year and give it up to You. We give You our failures, our regrets, and our disappointments, for we have no more use for them. Make us now a new people, forgetting what lies behind and pressing on toward that which lies ahead of us. We give You all our hopes and dreams for the future . Purify them by Your Spirit so that our wills shall truly reflect Your will for us. As we stand on the threshold of another year, encourage us by our successes of the past, challenge us by the power of Your Word, and guide us by the presence of Your Holy Spirit."

Amen,
and
Amen!

1 comment:

debby94 said...

You stayed up later than I did. I fell asleep on the couch probably around 10pm. I love your blog! I am trying to get a few minutes to call you...I haven't forgotten. Luke has a friend over now and I need to take him home pretty soon. Doug has been sick. I hope he is on the mend. Talk to you soon, I hope!