Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Not feeling very bloggity lately

Well, the summer heat has decided to stay. I absolutely love summer, most of the time. We are going camping this weekend with some friends. I'm really looking forward to getting away for a weekend. No laundry, no floors to vacuum, and we get daddy all to ourselves. I'm still learning to pack for four but I think I've got the basics covered anyway.
The girls and I have been playing outside as much as possible in the early morning and evening. I have made a commitment to myself and the girls that we would do something "artsy" and something educational every day. So far the girls have been loving more mommy time and I'm loving the fact that they behave better when they get more of my time. Yesterday we made daddy's fathers day gift and we worked on counting to 3. We also did some household chores together. Bree loves to help with the laundry and Abby loves to help unload the dishwasher. They also are being encouraged to pick up their room with mommy before naps and bedtime. Let's just say it's a work in progress. *wink* Today we are helping mommy with chores again and we've been putting together puzzles (Bree's favorite) and rolling out play dough. I'm planning on making homemade finger paint for an afternoon project.
I've also been working on getting my home back in order. I'm just going to take baby steps in this since it didn't get out of control overnight. I've been doing a lot of Internet research on Christian Homemaking and let me tell you... I'm inspired and a little afraid of failure, hence the baby steps part. I'll let you know how I'm doing and maybe one day I'll even post my progress on my blog.
Well, that's all for now. I think I'm going to make some pudding for dessert and get my sweet babies down for a nap.

No comments: