Thursday, March 20, 2008

Abby is a big girl now!

Abby went pee-pee on the potty today! We bought the twins a potty seat a few months ago in hopes the day would come that we wouldn't be doing diaper duty anymore. Neither one of us have made a big deal about the potty seat knowing full well that we were being a bit ancy about this new frontier of toddlerhood. But the girls have been thoroughly entertained by it ever since it came into the house. Several times a day the girls will go sit on the potty (Matt even taught them to grunt) :l They love to be like a big girl and pull thier pants down to sit on the potty. We even do a little song to make it that much more fun.
My mom was visiting and we were getting the girls ready for a nap when Abby ran to the bathroom. I was in no mood to let her "play" on the potty but she insisted. So I pulled her pants down and impatiently waited for her to finish "playing" when I heard her tinkling. She got the biggest smile on her face as I stood there in shock. My little girl just went pee-pee on the potty! Of course we made a big deal about it and Aubrey even cheered for her. What a milestone!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I'm so excited for you. Of course, don't be too surprised if she suddenly starts being resistant to the potty, too. Kids are weird! BTW, I have to tell you, you are a great writer!