Friday, May 15, 2009

Chronicles of a chinobilly gardening wannabe: Part 2

My fancy-shmancy garden was becoming one of those every weekend kind of projects. Both Matt and I tend to obsess about our projects until they are done. This tendency is great if you don’t have other domestic responsibilities looming about, or pets, or children needing to be raised and fed.

Fortunately, Matt and the girls whipped up the raised vegetable beds in no time. Speaking of the girls. They are great helpers. No really! They fetch things for Matt like the tape measure, drill bits, or screws. They even got to operate the drill with only a little bit of help from daddy. I love to watch the three of them work together while I just stand around under the guise of needing to document this moment for generations to come.

Shh…don’t tell them! I’m living the good life…don’t ruin it for me…

Yahoo! I have vegetable beds. I can now go on living. Someone hand me my seed catalog and check back for part 3 soon.



1 comment:

Charlie said...

The Garden elements look great! Looks like the girls had a great time too! How Fun.......Awaiting the next installment.....