Tuesday, December 9, 2008

UN-Decking The Halls

This year has been so much fun! I love being able to see life through a child’s eyes…that is MOST of the time anyway. I’ve tried to make our home look a bit more festive than I would have two years ago so I decorated another little Christmas tree in a boot and set it on the hearth in front of the fireplace.

Friday night I was cleaning up the dinner dishes and the house fell suddenly quiet. That is not a good sign in the chinobilly house, as many of you with “little curtain climbers” will agree. So I peaked around the corner of my kitchen into the living room to see the girls UN-decking the cute little Christmas tree.

Oh they are sneaky little creatures. They were plucking the silver balls off of the Christmas tree! Not the entire ornament just the ball.

My guess is their fine motor skills are well developed.

Then they were hiding the “evidence” in the Little People Plane they parked next to the tree earlier that day.

It was one of those moments when I wanted to scream and rant and rave about how hard I work to make things nice but instead I had to laugh (really hard). It was so stinkin’ funny to see their faces when I caught them "silver" handed.

I have since moved the poor little Christmas tree to a higher location. I cannot guarantee how long it will remain safe there either.

Never a dull moment!

No comments: