Sunday, November 30, 2008

Resurfacing…

…After being buried under tons of other things like laundry and cleaning and Thanksgiving dishes and trying to figure out what to do for Christmas cards and more laundry!
Thank you so much for all your kind wishes and your precious prayers during the rough month of sickies that my little family was going through (Abby got the pukes, Bree got a cold, Matt got the flu, I continued to deal with the joys of hormonal imbalance). I think it’s pretty safe to say we’ve all finally scaled the walls and are now on the way to getting much better.
We had a very low-key but grand time with Matt’s family on Thanksgiving. All the married gals in the family take turns hosting Thanksgiving. This year it was Brad’s Jen’s turn. She did a great job with her first turkey and everyone had a relaxing time visiting while the kids ran amuck. The only thing I don't like about going to someone else's house for Thanksgiving is not getting to eat leftovers at midnight when you think you might starve to death due to your stomach being so stretched out. One would think that the 38,000 calories I consumed would hold me for awhile...
Aubrey especially adored her “play dates” with her cousins. The jury is still out with Abby. She is definitely not our social butterfly.
I did not snap a single picture on Thanksgiving. I just didn’t feel very picture snappy that day I guess. Maybe it’s because I had to stir the gravy. It’s a very important job you know; gravy shouldn’t be too thick and not too thin. The meal is entirely centered on the quality and consistency of the gravy. (I really wouldn’t know since I usually skip the gravy but I like to sound like I know what I’m talking about).
I’m in a bit of a euphoric state (hehe) because I started and finished my Christmas shopping for the girls on Friday. Part of the happiness comes from finally, finally, finally getting to shop for toys I KNOW the kids will love AND I didn’t spend a fortune either. Yay! I can’t wait to see their little faces light up with delight on Christmas morning.
We went to the Light Parade last night with some family and friends. It was so much fun! The girls had a ball seeing all the lights and of course Santa was there too! Abby could hardly contain herself waiting for each entry to pass by. She kept telling Ethan (our friends son) “Efan look, more coming! More coming!” So stinkin’ cute.
Well, that's all for now. Happy Sunday!





1 comment:

debby94 said...

We were at the light parade too! I'm glad it wasn't too cold. We are on our way to Williams for the Polar Express!! Family tradition!