Saturday, January 9, 2010

Greetings from the slacker

I’ve been such a Cracker Jack blogger lately. Life and stuff, y'know?

FOR THE RECORD: any of you who said to me "Jenn, after 2 you’ve got it made! 2 year olds are the hardest! bla bla bla" you are all grounded for a week, because that is a tub of poo! 3 is WAY tougher than 2. End.of.story. Dad B, you get a gold star for being the only one to offer any kind of warning.

All joking aside, I am happier than I've ever been in.my.entire.life. Being a mother is such a treasured gift. The joy these little girls have brought into our home is so far beyond the realm of description it's unbelievable. Seeing them grow up before my eyes is breathtaking. It's miraculous. Most of all it's humbling.

We are slowly getting back into our routine around here. Nana has been with Jesus for almost a month now. I still think of her often and especially the night I stayed with her while she was in hospice. It was such a precious night as we did a lot of reminiscing and apologizing and forgiving and praying and crying. I thank the Lord for allowing me to dwell in so many sweet memories. No they weren't all perfect and wonderful but they were part of my story.of who I've become.of who God wants me to be.

Please continue to pray for my Papa, Uncle and Mom as they continue to sort through and process all that has transpired. I don't want to even imagine what it must be like to live without the love of my life of 59 years, or the mother who gave me life. It must be so very difficult.

So thank you for being patient while I take some time to enjoy these precious days with my family.

Since I’m still waiting to replace my camera lens I will just have to recap with more words than pictures in the coming days. For now, I’m off to prepare for church tomorrow morning.

Love ya lots!The chinobilly blog slacker

“Make me to know thy ways, O Lord; teach me thy paths.” Psalm 25:4 RSV

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

It's nice to have you back! You have inspired me to get out of my rut and back to my blog. Sorry about the camera still being out of working order. That is a bummer. Talk to ya soon :)

Unknown said...

Loved this post, loved getting caught up on your life succinctly and transparently. Love ya back.